Monday, April 15, 2013

Newborn Workshop {Oahu Hawaii Newborn Infant Baby Norma Mitchell Photography}

Thank you to my wonderful workshop attendees, speakers, assistants and sponsors for making my first newborn workshop a huge success! I couldn't have done it without you all! 

Every genre of photography is so unique...when it comes to newborn photography, you enter into this whole new world. There is just so much involved, that you almost need to have a hands on learning experience to understand how to do a newborn session. So that is when I decided to hold a workshop. I wanted to provide an opportunity to really get to know what all a newborn session involves. 

Starting with a handy dandy bag! If you know me, I like personalized things :) So it only made sense to make personalized bags. I asked each of my attendees what their favorite color was and applied that to a camera design with their name :) In the bag were lots of goodies from our sponsors as well as things I had made for each of the ladies :)

The bags included several discounts from our sponsors, a lace wrap, neck tie, glasses, rice posing bags, layers and more!

This was a two day workshop! The first day I covered just about everything about how I run my business :) I let it all out! Then I showed the ladies how I edit :)
Behind the scenes: Brenda Van of www.BrendaVanPhotos.com came and shared her expertise on lifestyle shooting. She showed the ladies how to see the light. Her work is amazing and she is such a beautiful photographer, inside and out :)
Behind the scenes: Switching speakers, from Brenda V. to DeVon R. with www.desiredimagesandphoto.com/. DeVon R. came and shared his knowledge on studio lighting. Not every photographer is going to have a workable natural light source. So I wanted to give my attendees an opportunity to learn about studio lighting. Who better to ask, than DeVon R!
Behind the scenes: Baby Paparazzi :)
Look at those beautiful ladies! Next time I will be sure to take a before photo :) This photo was taken after being in a hot room and sweating for 8 hours!
XOXO
Norma Mitchell

1 comments:

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs